There will not be a weekend retreat in February because Ngakma Nor’dzin and Ngakpa ’o-Dzin are teaching a weekend at the Aro Ling Buddhist Centre in Bristol that month: 20th and 21st February. They are teaching on the history of the Aro gTér, Natural Dignity and Regency Dancing as an aspect of Natural Dignity.
The next weekend in Cardiff will be the 13 - 15th March. The topic—as requested—will be The Songs of the Owl-faced Dakini. As before, it will be possible to attend one session, several sessions, or all five – the choice is yours.
The Songs of the Owl-faced Dakini
– a weekend retreat: March 13 – 15, 2015
Session 1: Fundamental Certainties Friday March 13th 19:00 – 20:30
£6 a session or £25 for the whole weekend – attend one, several or all sessions
– the first and most fundamental teaching of Buddhism: the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path
Session 2: Being a Buddhist Saturday March 14th 10:00 – 12:00
– taking refuge, becoming a Buddhist, and living within the five precepts; understanding the principles of Buddhism
Session 3: Irrepressible Expansiveness Saturday March 14th 14:00 – 16:00
– the 10 paramitas as a means of becoming a Bodhisattva - Awakened-Mind Warrior
Session 4: Tantric Empowerment Saturday March 14th 18:00 – 20:00
– transmission of the practice of Padmasambhava, the tantric Buddha and founder of the Nyingma Tradition
Session 5: Cyclic existence Sunday March 15th 10:00 – 12:00
- the mechanism of samsara; how we maintain the cycle of dissatisfaction and how to let this patterning dissolve and unravel itself of itself
Ngakma Nor’dzin and Ngakpa ’ö-Dzin will lead this weekend of teachings. The Songs of the Owl-faced Dakini encompass the teachings of Sutra presented from the basis of Inner Tantra.
The days and times of regular events at Aro Ling Buddhist Centre in Cardiff have changed slightly for the new year. We are no longer opening on a Friday, but are opening on a Thursday instead.
Discovering the Spaciousness of Mind – first Saturday of each month, 10 – 12, £5
Tibetan Yoga for the over 50s – Tuesday, one hour class 10:30 re,quested donation £3
Guided Meditation – Tuesday, 12:00 – 13:00, requested donation £3
Meditation Group – Tuesday, 19:00 – 20:30, requested donation £5Tibetan Yoga – Wednesday, one hour class 14:00, requested donation £3
Children’s Story-time – Wednesday, 15:45 – 16:15, requested donation £1
Tibetan Yoga – Wednesday, one hour class 17:30, requested donation £3
Tibetan Yoga – Thursday, one hour class at 10:30, requested donation £3
Guided Meditation – Thursday, 12:00 – 13:00, requested donation £3